The Paradise Cocktail (Martini)
The Paradise cocktail is one of the not so known classic cocktails that has long been a favorite of many of us. Where the Martini is dry, the Paradise cocktail is sweet and fruity, a really nice accompany to summer evening dinners. If you can use fresh squeezed orange juice to compliment the gin in the drink. And, for the gin a London dry like cheap Bombay Sapphire Distilled London Dry Gin is perfect. This is the neat version of the drink, but a Paradise shooter is also pretty popular.
Who Invented The Paradise Cocktail
The Paradise Cocktail was invented by Harry Craddock and it is a pure classic. This cocktail has absolutely classic composition – gin as main alcohol, apricot brandy (actually is not a brandy, it is sweet fruit liqueur) as sweetener and freshly squeezed orange juice as compliment.
Instructions On How To Make A Paradise Cocktail
Things You Are Going To Need:
* Apricot brandy
* Orange juice
* Cocktail shaker and strainer
* Cocktail glass (chilled)
* Ice cubes
1. Add ice to your cocktail shaker, along with the following:
2. 1 1/2 ounces gin (1 oz for Martini)
3. 1/4 ounce apricot brandy (1 oz for Martini)
4. 1 1/4 ounces orange juice (Different For Martini)
5. Shake for a 10 count, and then strain the drink into a chilled glass ( NO ice in the cocktail glass!).